Saturday, September 10, 2011

Daddykins.



Dear Daddy,

I hate that you live on the other side of the country. I hate that you have to work constantly and have such little vacation time that you couldn't make it out to see me even if I covered the whole trip. I hate my kids aren't around you- that they don't have the opportunity to learn strength and character from you the way I did, or be piggy backed to the park and talked to about butterflies and plants and Jesus. I hate that they have to hear my voice echoing "You're brilliant!", rather than your own.
I hate you being far away for me too. I hate not getting to attend church with you and talk all the way home about what was said...you being able to answer all my questions and pose new ones. I hate not getting to hug you every day and tell you I love you in person. I hate not being able to make fun of you when you get in your weird agitated cleaning mood and tell you to chill out. I hate not being able to go to outlet malls that I hate, but you love because they have Kenneth Cole and Guess with you. I hate not getting to spend Christmas or Thanksgiving at your big antique table eating everything delicious off fancy plates.
I miss you terribly all the time. I wish I was close for all of the reasons above, but also because I feel like if I was closer, the kids and Travis too, it would just be more joy in your life. More reasons to laugh and smile and maybe the only reason to watch silly movies that cause you to sit still for an hour, but don't put you to sleep. You are one of my best friends and favorite people- and a big part of life's unfairness has been, is and will be keeping me so far from you.
I miss you, I miss you, I miss you, every day I miss you.

 Love Forever and Ever,
Babykins

No comments:

Post a Comment