Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dave, Revisited.




Bee-

I love you. I love you even more than I did in those first days of our relationship, when we made pinkie promises to each other about silly things. I love being a mom, don't get me wrong, but you are what gets me out of bed in the morning. You are the reason I get dressed each day, the motivation behind each mile I run, and the reason that I want to get a good job after I graduate.

I remember when I would make you pinkie promise that you loved me, because I was afraid that you were too good to be true. I still think that. You are too good to be true. There is no way that someone like you could possibly love an asshole like me. You're good in all of the ways that I'm not. I know that they say opposites attract, but we really are total opposites and I stand in awe of you. Every amazing quality that you have is one that I wish I had myself.

I spent a lot of time making you pinkie swear things to me. I don't do that anymore because five years and a family later, I am pretty sure that you're committed. I do have a couple of things that I could pinkie swear to you:

-I pinkie swear to always love you.
-I pinkie swear that you'll always feel at home wherever I am.
-I pinkie swear to be the best mom that I can be for our children.
-I pinkie swear to always make sure you have underwear that fit.
-I pinkie swear to do the best that I can to make a home that you want to come home to at night.
-I pinkie swear to never stop making fun of your sleepwalking.
-I pinkie swear to always tell you when you have bad breath.
-I pinkie swear that someday you and I will travel Europe together.
-I pinkie swear that I think you are the most handsome man in the world.


I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that I think that you are the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you more than I could ever explain. I feel lucky and blessed every day that I have a husband who loves me, wants to help me, wants to hang out with me, and treasures me as much as I treasure him. I hope that I make you feel as lucky as you make me feel.

Respeck,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment