Friday, September 2, 2011

Long Lost.

Hey Arnold,

You were the epitome of a perfect internet friend. I met you first in the days of Myspace. I believe you liked my blogs and wanted to friend me. We spent a lot of time chatting online and eventually in person. The initial in person relationship was a bit strained due to, well, you know. We only spoke online, few and far between for the next couple of years. And then we sort of reconnected and I happened to be on your side of town, and we got together. We had a great time, sitting amongst a small group of peers, smoke hanging over us, answering impossible trivia questions and talking about whatever came up. Once I got home we decided we needed to be pen pals. We needed to wholly commit to keeping in touch and discussing life and everything like it. I bought nifty cards and wrote poems I thought you might appreciate in them and sent them off. We emailed often- everyday, just talking about God and girls and boys and dreams and heartache and joy and the mundane. I loved getting your emails. I loved listening to your ideas and hopes. I loved sharing mine with you.
And then it occurred to me I had to let you go, for the sake of both of us. So I did, and now I don't have a favorite internet friend.

Much Love,
Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment