Monday, September 19, 2011

Dave, Trevor, Simon, Harley, JoLyn, Bri, Colt, Jack, Joe, Josh, and Mario-

When I saw that I had to write to the person who gave me my best memory, I was really torn. My life up to now is comprised of great memories. Dave seems like he would be the obvious choice since we are married, he has given me children, and he's my best friend. But the truth is that there is no one correct choice for this letter. You guys are all my answer. Some of the best times of my life are because of you guys.

I look back, fondly, and wish that we could go back to the days of hanging out in Bri and Colt's living room, listening to beats. Not big parties, nothing too crazy, just all of us, together, having a great time. I remember the first time Dave introduced me to all of you guys and how excited he was for me to meet Bri, Colt, Harley, and JoLyn. I will never forget summers with Simon and Trevor and hungover Sundays on the couches in their teeny, tiny apartment.

Simon's birthday party with cake, crab legs and Frangelico in my living room on West 18th St, smoking cigars with JoLyn on the porch of her house while everyone else danced in the living room, drinking PBR at my house until the sun came up, smoking cigarettes out of Alex's window so her apartment wouldn't smell like smoke, zoned out conversations about life, and lots and lots of music. All I have to do is hear one of your names to have a flood of wonderful memories come back to me.


That was the beginning of Dave's and my relationship, which is obviously one of the most important things in my life. All of you were apart of it. All of you watched us become what we are. You have all supported us from day one. You have all been there for us as a couple, no matter what. You all started out as Dave's friends, but now you are my friends too. You're the Godparents to our children and the one who married us and we've counted on to baptize them.

We've all changed so much in the five and a half years since Dave and I became a couple. We've all really grown up and we're all living adult lives. I'm proud of all of us. I'm amazed by the differences in the choices we've made and the paths we've taken. No matter where we are or what we're doing, I think we can always count on each other. Although we are making new memories that often don't include one another, we will always have those first couple of years. I'll always love you guys. I know, with certainty, that I can speak for Dave too. We love you, we miss you, and we are so grateful for all of the good times.

Love,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment