Tuesday, September 20, 2011

To The Land of the Free.

Dear America,

I don't know you all that well. I don't know anything about congress or budget costs or debt ceilings or medicare. I don't know if any of the solutions politicians are offering to fix this place are worth voting for or not. I have never voted for anything, not even American Idol. I don't know if Obama is better than Bush, or if he is even a legal resident of the US. I don't know anything about state laws concerning the right to bear arms or how much marijuana someone can have on their person without being arrested. I am not in the know about you and your legality issues, America.
What I do know is this. We aren't doing hot. We owe lots of money to lots of people, and the value of our dollar is dropping. There is a ridiculous amount of people living in poverty and working really hard to get out of it, that we do nothing for. There is also a ridiculous amount of people living in poverty and milking it that we do everything for. I know people who rob a bank can go to jail for 10+ years, but sometimes someone rapes a child and gets out in 5. I know that said people only get worse in jail because the system is whack. I know we are fighting a war that isn't actually a war and good innocent people are dying every day because of it. I know there are people all over the planet dying because they don't have clean water, and it would take very little monetarily on our part to help, but instead we spend all our money on clothes and shoes and cars and food that is awful for us. I know that this country is creating and selling food chemically altered that will eventually kill us, but marketing it as if it is gold. I know the same people that work for the FDA are also head reps for pharmaceutical company's that treat all the illnesses created by said chemically altered food. I know that kids are bringing guns to school. Little kids, who shouldn't even know what hate is. I know that the majority of the people in charge of this place are dirty, lying, self seeking money mongers. You can't do too well for too long with people like that at the top. I could go on forever.
You want God out of schools and government, and then you wonder why everything is so vile and backwards and ugly, why people are so angry. You want God out, but then want us to pray when things are going wrongly, when everything is falling apart. You want to take out everything good, and selfless and fill it with the idea that the individual is who matters. YOU YOU YOU. DO YOU. TAKE CARE OF YOU. LOOK OUT FOR YOU. No wonder we are a mess America. We are a nation of people that could be functioning in community, looking out for each other, doing what is right by our peers both nationally and internationally. Instead we are a nation of individuals looking out only for ourselves, and doing whatever it takes to have more of everything that means power. You're a disaster, and you are only getting worse.

Brooks Decker

1 comment: